Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Birmingham Hair Show

I hope you will follow this blog and I will try to keep something posted occasionally to offer tips and specials for all of the customers!

On Saturday Sept 17th I headed for Birmingham for the Premiere Birmingham Hair Show.  This time I took my 17 year old niece (who is like my own daughter), Shelby with me. I wanted to get a "fresh" perspective on what is "hip" and what is "in" for people under the age of 30!  I'm 38, and I know what's appropriate for my age range and I don't want to look "old" but I don't want to look like I'm trying to be a teenager either!!  (And trust me........ I saw PLENTY of stylists trying to pull off THAT look this weekend!)  I don't ever remember having as much fun as I had this weekend at any hair show, EVER!  I didn't "party", because I don't party, and because I had an underage young lady with me.  I got to enjoy the classes and training aspect of the show more than ever!
Many of you may have heard of Nick Arrojo.  He's famous from TLC's "What Not to Wear".  Well, I've been following him for years from back when he started at Vidal Sasson and then went on his own and opened up his on Arrojo Academy for Stylists to train, and Arrojo Salons.  He has his own product lines, DVD's, and equipment.  I watched his floor show and models in Orlando and was extremely impressed with his work, but it was SO CROWDED I couldn't really get up close to see the hands working to see the cutting or coloring techniques in detail like I desired.  Sunday Shelby and I watched his models do their "Catwalk" and the Floor show was phenomenal!  It was very Avant Garde!  Not like the styles we'd be walking around with daily here in South Alabama, but impressive handy work for special occasions.
On Monday as we were walking in Nick Arrojo sent his assistant over to Shelby and me and asked Shelby if she would be one of his models!  They LOVED her hair.  They were impressed with the color and condition and length.  They wanted to give her a more edgy cut, but leave the length.  So we were honored!!  She got a free $500 haircut, and still has long hair.  And they gave me information and an application for Nick Arrojo's Academy.
What seems to be the newest trend as far as hair color is either accent pieces to accentuate the cut or partial foils to just put pieces or chunks of color in.  Also blended highlights are back.
I'm HOPING the hair feather trend is ending, but right now it's still here!  So I still have a few in.  They are still $22 each.  Also "Hair Bling" is the trend.  It's Crystals that are ironed into the hair  and stay in for 7 to 10 days.  Great for proms or pageants.  Girls just LOVE this!!  It was CRAZY popular at the hair show.
Lots of new hair cut ideas in to create volume and softness around the face.  Trendy and popular cuts for the young girls and sophisticated yet modern cuts for the ladies of all ages!  So call me for the latest!!
(334)446-0465  ~Sherri~

No comments:

Post a Comment