Monday, May 7, 2012

Appointments & Cancellation Policy


Most of my clients are AWESOME and never, ever miss an appointment.  This blog is mainly for new clients who call and want to book.  I do have a cancellation policy in place.  And for my standing clients, remember this policy.  Please take my job into consideration.  I do not have a steady paycheck, benefits, sick leave, paid days off.... etc.  If someone is not in my chair, I'm left with no income.  I am depending on those appointments to pay my overhead, rent, and for those products I've ordered to complete those booked and projected appointments.

Since August of 2011 it has been my policy to charge a missed appointment fee to all persons who fail to keep their scheduled appointment(s) unless I receive notice at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment. The fee varies depending on the time period reserved & service(s) that were booked.  With each missed appointment, I am left with a minimum of a 2 hour slot allotted for a highlight, 1 hour for color, 30 minutes for hair cut, and 2 hours or more for consultations or the installation of extensions.  I make appointments to devote strict time for each and every customer so I don’t overlap into each person’s pampering time, and that I don’t feel rushed causing me to miss something very vital in my client’s service.  I stay booked more than a few days in advanced and it’s very rare I can take walk-ins anymore because of this.
I do make exceptions for true last minute emergencies, when I receive timely notification there-of.  Each appointment is VITAL to my business, because unlike normal jobs, I do not make a steady salary.
I apologize for having to resort to this. My only other alternative is to raise prices for those customers who keep their appointments and I do not think that is fair. I attempt to keep my prices down, and missed appointments drive up my costs.

Sherri Carroll
(334)446-0465

No comments:

Post a Comment